Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fall Album with Acrylic Pages


I love Fall and all the changes that it provides to my senses. I love the smells, the colors, and the sound of crunching leaves beneath my feet. I wanted to create an album that celebrated all those things and I did it using the Bind-it-All and Zutter's  5x7 Tabbed Acrylic Album. Acrylic is one of my most favorite materials to work and I will show you why. First you will need the 5x7 tabbed acrylic album, some alcohol inks (I used Adirondack inks), cotton pad, Versamark ink pad, and heat embossing powder, silk leaves, and your choice of embellishments!

First apply alcohol ink to your cotton pad and "color" your acrylic pages. For my album I combined colors to get the ones I wanted to create a Fall palette such as green and orange.

To create the covers I used my Versamark and just stamped around the egdes of the covers to create a "window". Apply your embossing powder and heat. Be careful and let the acrylic cool before handling!


To apply the leaves I just punched a hole in the silk leaves. Next, I placed my back cover onto my book, added the leaves and then added the rest of the pages. Now your leaves are part of your album and will not come off!!! I then filled my album with my favorite photos of Fall and embellished it with letter stickers and other little goodies! Acrylic is so versatile and fun to color, stamp on, and emboss! Why not gather your favorite Fall photos and create an acrylic album of your own. Happy Fall!!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Shelley - great album!

Kathy Floen said...

I love this album...I love the leaves on the binding! :) Awesome Job, Shelley. :)

Anonymous said...

awesome post shelley! thanks for all of the tips and ideas! :)

Tish Treadaway said...

I love the leaves on the binding, very pretty!