Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wall Hanging - Bind-it-All Style

Start with some amazingly pretty patterned paper from Kiki  Art, adhered to a rockin' sturdy 10X10 piece of Zutter Clipboard Wood.  You can see I left an itty bitty border so the wood would show, and distressed all the edges with ink and paint.

I punched the top edge and laced the holes with a pretty ribbon. I did this first because I wasn't sure what I was going to embellish with so I wanted to make sure I was able to punch the edges before adding anything bulky or glittery that wouldn't fit in the Bind-it-All.
I glittered some old plastic letters to match the paper, and also used some felt ribbon, front and back (glittered the back adhesive side). By the way, this is a great way to use up old supplies - the felt wasn't a color I was going to use a alot of and the letters were the wrong color completely.  So, a bit of glitter and VOILA!

I had these acrylic swirls that I sponged with white paint....and then a bunch of fun texture-y odds and ends to go with my favorite family photo. The paper has adorable little ladybugs, which I punched up with some lady bug buttons I had left over from a baby shower I organized last year. I added the pretty green lace along the bottom edge to soften things up.

Why don't you make something like this for your favorite room?



3 comments:

Robin Wade said...

wow! Very Pretty!! TFS!

Lynne Forsythe said...

nan.....this is SSSSSOOO AWESOME!!!

sarah said...

LOVING this one Nan!! why do you have to be soooooo creative?!?! send me some of that creativity will ya?! ;)

hugs,
sarah.