Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cruising Along - A Driving Album


One of the projects which the Beloved and I took before the arrival of our little bundle of joy was to get me my driver's license. Here Down Under, he could coach me and I only had to chalk up a certain number of hours before sitting for my test. One of the "momentos" from this journey (ha ha, pun totally intended!) were the plates attached to the car. As a result, I used them to be the covers for my album. I was glad that my Bind-it-All could easily punch through the plastic that these plates were made of. Now I bet you thought these license plates were metal.  These ones are NOT.  Although the BIA can punch through some metals, most license plate metal is too thick and can potentially damage your tool.  So look for thin craft metal, and if in doubt about metal materials, don't punch it. 

On my owires, I attached ribbons in the colors of the traffic light to add symbolism to the album.
On the inner pages, pictures of my thoughts and places we travelled to as part of my learning experience were added.



So there you have it, a simple and quick project using items you may want to keep to form the covers of your mini album. Have fun creating you own too!

Zutter Zister DT Member Sophie Sim

1 comment:

Fleursbydesign said...

Wonderful idea -love how you used the license plates :)